Labels

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I Cry With You

Have you ever been really determined to succeed...and then failed. Guys life is truly frustrating and unfair. I know most people can probably relate to this. Especially me, today. I love being positive and upbeat about a situation but sometimes you just have be truthful with yourself. THIS SUCKS! Go ahead say it. It feels good. THIS IS UNFAIR and STUPID. I AM NOT OK!
How many times do we say we are ok in a day. People ask me how I am and I say "I'm ok, I'm good". Ha ha cause who wants to hear your list of frustrating things. Usually when I tell people how I actually feel they respond with awkward positivism or pity. Neither of which I am a fan. We all do it though. Why are we so afraid to just say how we feel? Tell others how we are doing and have actual compassion for them.
This has been on my mind a lot. I look on Instagram and see all these people going through hard things. Half the time I want to comment but think , they don't know me, that would be weird. I see their stories and I literally cry for them but can't be vulnerable enough to tell them. Why do we do this? Why do we pretend that we don't feel something when we do.
I secretly follow lots of you. I follow your stories and ponder your life lessons. At the end of the day I just realize that we are all in this together. We are all human and we all HAVE LIVED. Which is hard. It's hard to be alive. So why is it that we pit ourselves against each other. Why is it that we have to apply a situation to ourselves in order to feel compassion and mercy.
I am so sick of this. I am sick of pretending and having people pretend with me. So today I offer a challenge. Let someone know that you cry with them. That you feel their pain. That you know that they are not ok but you love them anyway.
Today I want to let Steve and Savanna Tate know that I cry with them. That there little boy Hayes has taught me so much and I have loved his story. That his courage and your courage has given me courage. I feel your pain and I can't imagine what it is like to lose your child to cancer. I do not completely understand but I know what it's like to be human and to lose something very precious and I love you for sharing his story with me. Families are forever! I pray for you and you and Hayes will always be in my thoughts.
If you are reading this and you feel like you're alone, I want you to know that I do cry with you. I may not know you and maybe we aren't best friends but we have both been through hard things. I understand your pain and I understand your loneliness. I am actually grateful to know that I am not alone because you have suffered something too. I love you for it. I love knowing that even when I feel alone, I know many people cry for me.
Guys tell someone. Tell someone you care today. Tell someone that they are not alone. Stop being afraid of social practices and politeness. Someone needs you. Please don't be afraid to be human and to cry with them

P.s. The Tates have started a foundation in Hayes name. You can buy a shirt that says Hayes tough for childhood cancer awareness. If you are interested here is the website : bit.ly/HayesToughShirts 



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ellen, sweet sister, I cry with you and still love you. I cry every time I read one of your blog's. I cry a little on the inside ever time I learn of a new surgery you have to encounter. I still love you and want to be strong with you. You are such a strong, capable, beautiful girl with such a capacity for love and understanding. I love you and I cry with you.

    -Analynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much sister! I love having your support and love you so very much!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig