Labels

Monday, January 30, 2017

Lead Kindly Light

Many of you probably don't know a lot about me. I have a love and passion for music. I have played piano since I was young and taken voice lessons almost my whole life. I teach piano and voice to kids and adults and I love it. I was a vocal performance major at the University of Utah but have had to pull out because of my health. I hope and pray one day I can finish my degree. I love music theory...in fact, teaching theory in college would be one of my dream jobs. I sing classical music mostly from operas. I can sing in lots of languages and I love the music I sing. The music is old but so beautiful.
Lately I have been getting so frustrated with social media. With the election and all the other things going on in our nation I felt like all I was reading was hate. On Friday morning I was up looking at Facebook and was getting frustrated with my husband. I realized that social media in that moment was just making me feel hate and feel judgement for myself and others. I decided to take a little break and read my scriptures. Try to focus on things that are more important.
I know politics are important and standing up for what you believe. I guess I am sick of picking sides against my fellow humans. I want to choose our side. I want to choose the right side. I want to choose God's side. Not politics side. Not a side that includes hating and judging others.
I felt impressed to find a song that I could post on social media. normally I really hate singing on camera and I am not the type to post. I was going through hymns though and the simple melody and words of this song spoke to me. My mom heard me singing it and asked me to sing it in her relief society (something that happens a lot). I recorded it while practicing Sunday morning. It isn't perfect but it is my testimony. We need to look for the light and be guided by it. We need to be on the Lord's side and trust Him even when things seem scary. Even when social media and the news tells us it's not. I hope you enjoy! Click the link...hopefully next time I will get better at recording.
Lead Kindly Light

                                               Related image

P.s. if you have a song you would like me to sing or arrange I would love to know. I make arrangements for my students and I would love to share some easy arrangements for teachers and students.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig