Labels

Sunday, February 12, 2017

How Am I Gonna Be An Optimist About This?

This week has lead to a lot of contemplation. I had my clinic appointment which I will be posting about. I just feel the need to share my thoughts about something else today. I have recently been listening to a playlist on amazon that I made called "happy". They are mostly just songs that lift me up and give me some pep and energy for the day. One of the songs I have is "Pompeii" by Bastille. I love it! They actually wrote it for the movie "Pompeii" but it didn't end up being in it. If you have seen the movie you probably didn't love it. It is mediocre but I love the message. Basically it is the story of a guy and a girl that fall in love while the volcano is erupting. The movie ends with them kissing while being engulfed in lava. The song definitely made me really think about my life and every time I hear it I can help but question myself. Here are some of the lyrics...


I love this! How often is it that we focus on the disaster. I mean if a volcano erupted near me I think it would be all I could look at, but these guys end their life embracing and loving. We need to close our eyes. We need to focus on what is important. We need to realize that there are things that never changed. That we have done this before and have conquered it. 
I have spent the week throwing up my guts every night. I got a really bad cold that has basically has caused a lot of problems with my throat. I am pretty miserable. This is usually how things go for me. Probably how things go for you. So how am I gonna to be an optimist about this? 
What if we did close our eyes? What if we forgot about the hard for a minute and look to see what is left. If close my eyes I can see so many things that haven't changed. I have a family that loves and supports me. I have a husband that is kind and that is a partner in every sense of the word. I have friends and neighbors and cousins. I HAVE SO MUCH. So much that is over looked because I am to busy noticing that my walls are falling down. 
So how do we be an optimist? It's not like it will change the fact that things are hard, that we will die, that our life is changing? Being an optimist isn't about pretending nothing is wrong or having things automatically get better. It is about seeing what is left when we take away the hard stuff. About seeing that we have so much besides the ruins of our life. And that so much comes from the ruins.
Close your eyes. See all the things that never change, even when things are hard. You will always be loved and love others. The good you've done, the changes you brought to the world will never be taken away. NEVER EVER FORGET THAT! Choose to see the good. Choose to believe in a better day tomorrow. Not because hard things change but because you have changed. Because you believe in hope. Be that person that loves even when things are hard. And live your moments like they are your last and most precious. Be an optimist, choose to smile in the pain. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig